1. Increased Water BillIf you have been consistent with your water routine, your bill should maintain a consistent range. However, a constant leak will cause your bill to increase. If you want to verify whether or not you have a leak before you call the plumber, you may want to complete the water meter test. However, even if you still are not sure if you have a leak after the test, call your plumber to verify.
2. Mold Growth Beyond Shower WallsOccurrences of mold on walls that are not your shower wall are a sure sign there is resident moisture
lurking behind the wall. Pipes hide in dark places, and a leaking pipe creates a moist area which is a breeding ground for mold and mildew.
3. Unusual SmellsIf you notice musty or damp smells coming from the walls or floors, but you do not notice any discoloration or see any moisture saturation resulting in mold growth, you may have a very well-hidden leak.
4. Discoloration on Walls, Ceiling, FloorsIt is good practice to routinely inspect walls, ceilings, and floors for any structural or color changes. If you notice any of these changes, then it is highly likely a constant water leak is causing the problem.
5. Leaking SoundsIf you are hearing a constant “hiss” or “drip” coming from toilets, faucets, shower heads, or somewhere in the wall, and it does not stop when you tighten the handle, you definitely have a leak on your hands.
If you notice any of these signs in your home, you need to call Ace Plumbing and have a professional plumber properly identify the source of the leak and fix the problem before any more damage occurs.